an affordable home
Habitat works to eliminate barriers to a better, healthier, more financially stable life. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better future for themselves and their families.
we care. we want to help.
Bend Habitat builds and sells about 9 affordable homes a year to qualified individuals and families in our community. Mortgages are affordably set at approximately 30-33% of the homeowner’s income at the time of loan application. From application to owning a home takes approximately 12-24 months. Habitat is a long-term homeownership program and does not provide emergency housing.
These are the first requirement towards your application to the Habitat Homeownership program. We host 4 information session per year, and 2 open application periods annually, with the next one approximately Winter 2017 (and will be posted on our website and advertised in all local media).
The next Information Session will be on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 6pm. Please RSVP by emailing [email protected]
Qualifying families are selected based on:
What are the Steps to Homeownership?
Step 1- Initiating the Partnership
- Attend a Housing Information session
- Fill out an intake form and complete a client housing counseling appointment
- Fill out a Housing Program Partnership Application.
- Paper work will go to underwriting
- Selection phase includes a home visit and board approval.
Step 2- Program Acceptance
You will receive notification from us, either a letter of acceptance to the program or an adverse action letter.
Step 3 -Partnership Program Agreement
- If accepted -Sign the Partnership Program Agreement and Review the Program Requirements with Bend Habitat Homeownership staff
- if you were denied at this time– establish a corrective action plan for future application- we can help you with this.
Step 4- Sweat Equity and Education
- Put in Sweat Equity hours
- Contribute to a Matched Savings Fund
- Participate in Financial Coaching
- Attend a Home Readiness class
- Complete Housing/Credit Application
- Have preliminary loan document review.
Step 5- Purchasing your home
Home loan application and Home dedication ceremony.