an affordable home
Habitat works to eliminate barriers to a better, healthier, more financially stable life. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better future for themselves and their families.
we care. we want to help.
Bend Habitat builds and sells 6-9 affordable homes a year to qualified individuals and families in our community. Mortgages are affordably set at approximately 33% of the homeowner’s income at the time of loan application.
Qualifying families are selected based on:
What are the Steps to Homeownership?
Step 1- Initiating the Partnership
- Attend a Housing Information session
- Fill out an intake form and complete a client housing counseling appointment
- Fill out a Housing Program Partnership Application.
- Paper work will go to underwriting
- Selection phase includes a home visit and board approval.
Step 2- Program Acceptance
You will receive notification from us, either a letter of acceptance to the program or an adverse action letter.
Step 3 -Partnership Program Agreement
- If accepted -Sign the Partnership Program Agreement and Review the Program Requirements with Bend Habitat Homeownership staff
- if you were denied at this time– establish a corrective action plan for future application- we can help you with this.
Step 4- Sweat Equity and Education
- Put in Sweat Equity hours
- Contribute to a Matched Savings Fund
- Participate in Financial Coaching
- Attend a Home Readiness class
- Complete Housing/Credit Application
- Have preliminary loan document review.
Step 5- Purchasing your home
Home loan application and Home dedication ceremony.