We are Hiring!
Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity is looking for a licensed electrician. A part-time journeyman working under a signing supervisor, OR a Signing Supervisor to work part-time to complete wiring on 15 residential units/year. Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity is a Central Oregon Non-profit committed to providing affordable homeownership to our communities in and around Bend. For additional information contact Jacob Clark at [email protected], or 541.636.9931
CONSTRUCTION SITE SUPERVISOR
To apply, please download and submit an application, along with applicant’s resume and cover letter, to [email protected] If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Jacob Clark, Director of Construction, at (541) 636-9931.
Mission Statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Position: Site Supervisor
Reports Directly to: Construction Manager
Schedule, Wages, Benefits: Monday thru Friday, wages commensurate with experience, full-time, benefits package
This position should have an extensive background in all phases of residential construction, especially craftsmanship and carpentry skills. Organizational skills and experience managing construction projects is a must. The incumbent will need adequate communication and leadership skills to instruct unskilled volunteers in construction methods. The incumbent will need excellent communication time management skills and the ability to adjust as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports to Construction Manager.
- Carries out all BRHFH Construction policies.
- Responsible to explain daily task, and awareness of potential safety issues.
- Provides logs of daily activity.
- Provides adequate supervision and training of volunteers and AmeriCorps on the job site. This includes holding an initial meeting with the volunteers at the beginning of the workday to discuss the plan for the day, assigning appropriate number of volunteers for the day’s tasks. This includes assuring that duties are not being performed by individuals of an inappropriate age group and may include hands-on training of unskilled volunteers.
- Coordinates and oversees the work of all sub-contractors, labor and materials on the build sites.
- Monitors the job for having the right amount of material and subcontractors on the job at all times.
- Collaborates on the purchase of materials with the Construction Manager.
- Coordinates the delivery of all material, checking against purchase orders.
- Coordinate with the construction manager for all invoices, returns and credits.
- Schedules and is present on the jobsite for all inspections. Coordinates with the Director of construction on permits and inspections.
- Follows plans for each house and works to integrate Gift in kind materials/labor, and volunteer labor
- Maintain a reasonable construction schedule.
- Inspects each phase of work to determine acceptable quality and that each trade is finished on schedule.
- Coordinates and communicates with the Volunteer Coordinator and Construction manager to secure necessary volunteers for workdays. This position must communicate needs for skilled volunteers in a timely fashion allowing sufficient time for Volunteer Coordinator to schedule such skilled volunteers.
- Tracks and solicits donations made on site and communicates these donations with the Construction Manager.
- Accountable for the safety and security of the job site.
- Seeks construction managers approval prior to any expenditure not covered in budget.
- Accountable for the job until 100% complete and sold to homeowner.
- After closing, supervisor is responsible for all workmanship follow-up work needed on the house (punch list).
- Complete the initial, 30 day, and 1 year walk through with the homeowner.
- Performs other appropriate activities and duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively and clearly with all parties
- Represents Bend-Redmond Habitat for Humanity on the build sites.
- Must have a positive attitude, and the ability to react quickly to changing priorities.
For information on AmeriCorps Service Positions visit here,
Please consider volunteering at Bend Area Habitat for Humanity! We always have room for passionate people to participate in our mission to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. Visit our volunteer opportunities page to see how you can get involved.
Bend Area Habitat for Humanity expects all staff, board and volunteers to behave in a way that reinforces the mission and founding principles of the organization. Bend Area Habitat for Humanity, therefore, does not discriminate against any employee, volunteer, partner family or applicant for a Habitat home on the basis of race, color, cultural heritage, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical condition, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state, or federal law. This policy extends to all personnel decisions, terms and conditions of employment, vendor contracts and provision of services. Bend Area Habitat for Humanity does not tolerate harassment for any reason. Respect for the dignity of others shall be the guiding principle for our relations with each other.